Thomas MahLL.M: LL.B[Hons]: B.Comm.
- Chambers: Level 3, Room 11, ODCW
- Year Admitted: 5th November, 2003
- Year Signed Bar Roll: 20th May, 2010
- Admitted to Practice in: Victoria, Federal Jurisdictions..
- Phone: 9225 6921
- Facsimile: 9225 7907
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Practice
- Common Law
- Equity and Trusts
- Guardianship/Mental Health (Protective Tribunals)
- Magistrates Court - Civil
- Probate/Wills/Family Provision
Before coming to the Bar Thomas worked at State Trustees Limited as an in-house litigator for 2 years. While at State Trustees he worked in various fields, gaining extensive experience in estate litigation including testator family maintenance claims, testamentary capacity cases and wills interpretation proceedings. In addition, Thomas also acquired broad knowledge with respect to the Guardianship List at VCAT, as well as general civil matters.
Thomas has also worked in a number of private law firms including TressCox and Herbert Geer & Rundle (now Herbert Geer) and had a broad insurance practice. Thomas has also been a volunteer at the Eastern Community Legal Centre since 1997.
After his admission in 2003, Thomas was Associate to the Honourable Justice Balmford of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Thomas speaks and reads Mandarin.
Thomas is a keen tennis player and an avid reader.
From 3/06/10: Professional Standards Act 2003 [Vic] "Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation."